Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem is that the search function no longer remembers any posts I made prior to yesterday. This means that I cannot look through my old posts, and also that anyone who is considering a marketplace purchase from me cannot look through my old posts either.

I've been in touch with Harri about this, and I'm just trying to figure out if I am the only affected party. Harri asked me to wait until the search index was rebuilt, which I have now done. I can see that some other people - people who had been affected prior to the index rebuild - are not affected now, but I still am.

Are you able to find your posts prior to yesterday? This information could be helpful in sorting this out. Thx.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
2,107 Posts
I just did an advanced search, selected posts and user name "LampLight" and got three pages of results dating back to 2007. I'm not sure if three pages constitutes all 3,464 posts, but it's more than you were getting earlier.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,917 Posts
If I click on lamplight username and then view posts, there are only two, but if I do an advanced search, there are 44.

If I do a search form mine, I see about 5 this year, then nothing since 2006. Weird.

·
5,528 Posts
Yep,

I experience the same problem yesterday. None of my posts after 2007 showed up. What's the deal?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
15,853 Posts
I have a couple of posts from yesterday and then some from 2003-2006.

·
7,129 Posts
Mine disappeared too. I searched some other users like Nefertiti and Helen and their older posts seem to be okay, but I didn't look too deeply.

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
We've had a lot of reports of this issue. I've contacted Harri about it, and he will look into the problem.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
can't find my post and also not my threads. Is it an attack of furious players to sotw? :twisted:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2011
781 Posts
We've had a lot of reports of this issue. I've contacted Harri about it, and he will look into the problem.
Thanks Mike. It looks like I'm not the only one that has run into this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Randy
www.randyhunterjazz.com
Online Jazz Lessons and Books
Lesson Series:
Making Sense of Jazz Improvisation
Introduction to the Blues
The Arpeggio Circle
Through the Keys
and more...
Lessons page: www.beginningsax.com/Jazz Improv Lessons.htm
Rhythm Changes Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrT0Xw_y9d0
Rhythm Changes Lesson:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMOW7QAfpwo
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/saxtrax

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,312 Posts
Out of kerryosity I just checked my posts. Now I only have posts from 2003. That's strange. Sort of like a Twilight Zone episode. My life history is being erased before my eyes.

·
Forum Founder
3,877 Posts
I have been working on it for two days now.
Rebuilding the search index on this size of forum takes hours and hours. So far all attempts have been timed out at the server side. I have tweaking the parameters to do it in suitable chunks and not running out of time. The process is currently going on.

I share your frustruation. Let's hope,
~Harri

·
Registered
103 Posts
Harri brother hi,

Why don`t we all give a small (paypal) amount to upgrade the vBulletin into the new 4.1.6 version and have one of the vBulletin staff assume the responsibility of the migration?

Other than that, thanks for your time and efforts and your wonderful community !!!

---

1 - 20 of 28 Posts