Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seamus plays a Reso chamber that's been opened to a 7(maybe a 7*). I can't remember who opened it up. Seamus actually dropped it once and the tip broke off. It's been glued back together and Seamus says it plays the same as before he dropped it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Does anyone know what he is using now,recent pictures look like could be a Freddie Gregory or F>L,also his sound seems to have brightened a bit .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I became a his fan recently from when I listened the "Live at Smalls". I really like his sound. But I heard from my teacher, he changed his setup. Is it true? What is he using now?

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
I became a his fan recently from when I listened the "Live at Smalls". I really like his sound. But I heard from my teacher, he changed his setup. Is it true? What is he using now?
A Ted Klum Precision Focustone. The man has good taste :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
From seamsusblake.com faq ...

What kind of saxophone/mouth piece do you play/use?

"I play a Selmer balanced action tenor and the mouth piece is a Reso Chamber ottolink seven star."

·
Registered
116 Posts
As far as I know he plays a Reso Chamber. A friend of mine once had a lesson with him and described hearing Seamus Blake sound directly in front of him as a religious experience, but also that he has to really work to get his Sound.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Watching SB on Small live feed now. Sounds like Reso. Is he still playing one? They have a big sound but are hard to control.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Does anyone know his soprano setup? Especially reeds and mouthpiece.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts