Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in the last day or so my computer screen is going very dark when hovering over a thumbnail photo. It used to (when the cursor would just touch the thumbnail, without any further action such as a mouse click) automatically pull up the thumbnail and I could scroll through the series of thumbnails on a post. I am no longer able to see a properly sized photo when it is posted as a thumbnail. If I click on a thumbnail, that one will come up but then the screen with the post goes dark and no further viewing of anything is possible until exiting and returning to it. I am using Safari on my MacBook.

Similar behavior occurs when attempting to view with my iPhone in non-enhanced mobile view.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just tried it on a PC running Internet Explorer 11 and got similar problematic behavior.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Same here! macOS / Safari.

·
Registered
92 Posts
With apologies for stating the obvious, the screen going dark is normal, the abnormal part is no image appears, which results in there being no way to trigger going back to the thread without reloading.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Same here - dark screen when resting cursor on a photo within any post. No photo appears and I must leave the thread to restore the screen. DAVE

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
same here, go to a dark screen then I get booted.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,005 Posts
I discovered that if you click on it immediately, the screen won't go dark and the image will come up. Still pretty frustrating when something changes like this.

·
5,443 Posts
Yes, what gives! Very annoying! Firefox just did and update. So did, Windows 10. Something else changed if everyone else is getting this too.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
The "go advanced" feature when replying to posts isn't working either. So, no embedding videos, etc. Quite a few forum issues here all of a sudden.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,883 Posts
One big problem is the only people who can fix all these issues is Vertical Scope, the forum owners. I have a good idea what is wrong but we forum admins don't have access to the server to fix it.

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
I don't want to start a panic, but the forum appears to be slowly collapsing upon itself. New glitches are popping up daily. I have tried to contact VerticalScope and the tech crew about this, and am still awaiting a reply. I also contacted Harri to see if he still has any access to the top tier permissions in order to fix some of these problems.

All we can do is wait for now.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,005 Posts
And, today at least, the site is moving slower than ever. Hopefully it will all get sorted out after the holiday (July 4).

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,883 Posts
There's a multitude of holidays to recover from.

July 1 Canada Day - obviously important to the forum owners
Where I am July 2 is Wayne Rooney as decreed by the mayor of DC
And now we have July 4

·
Registered
54 Posts
I discovered that if you click on it immediately, the screen won't go dark and the image will come up. Still pretty frustrating when something changes like this.
Thanks for the hint! This "black screen on thumbnail" issue has been bugging me for the last week or so.
I'll give it a try.

·
5,443 Posts
Not sure who & what happened, but the pic attachments are now working properly for me. Thanks to whomever!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts