Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi SOTW

I'm looking for a good baritone harness, i was thinking the gemini, because of how much it can comfortably support (bass), but it's a bit on the pricey side (20$ for shipping !?) I had the neotech super harness, which worked well for me, but if i can get something better i will, any suggestions ?

My curve is 21 degrees, you'd never notice it, it ranges from excruciating at times, to where i don't even notice it, doesn't matter how strenuous (i think i spelled that right) the activity is, i could be squatting or inclining in the weight room and i'd not notice it, but sometimes when i'm standing doing nothing it can be a bit of a bother. World's not gonna end.

Single shoulder straps are out of the question, i won't allow my curve to get any worse.

5'10 145lbs, if it matters.

If anything i can buy the super harness from guitar center with a warranty and get my money back, i'll only be using it for 6 months, i love bari, but i can't audition on it, and i need to dedicate more time on the alto, so a harness wouldn't be necessary.

Thanks.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2016
647 Posts
I would just get the Gemini. It's worth it IMO. Alternatively, you could bring your horn to a store like Guitar Center and see if you can try out whatever they have in stock to see if they seem viable.

Can you do PT to help as well? I imagine that would be a pretty big commitment in terms of money and time, but might be worth it ILR.

Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just get the Gemini. It's worth it IMO. Alternatively, you could bring your horn to a store like Guitar Center and see if you can try out whatever they have in stock to see if they seem viable.

Can you do PT to help as well? I imagine that would be a pretty big commitment in terms of money and time, but might be worth it ILR.

Good luck!
lol guitar center's wind player inventory is a joke, and you'd have to purchase an item to demo in store, I don't have a baritone, it's my CC's that i'll be playing in january, but i guess the gemini will do fine, as i've heard it works well with all members of the sax family, the super harness seems ill suited for anything other than a baritone.

i will get back to training, but it's no skin off my nose it was just something i did occasionally after track practice.

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
I use the Freeneck System 3 on bari. It's pricey, but it puts all the weight on your hips, none on your back. There is a U-shaped metal rod that goes up your back and does limit how far you can bend while you have it on, so I don't know if your curve is going to be an issue, but it's the only one I know that takes all the weight off your spine short of using a floor stand.

http://www.musicngear.com/ergonomic-systems-freeneck-31/reviews?ver=27i

1 - 4 of 4 Posts