Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the Schreibers that Dave Kessler has leftover?

·
Researcher, Teacher and Horn Revitalizer, Forum Co
3,505 Posts
i haven't but those were the old Buffet E-11s (if i'm thinking of the same ones) and thus should play like an older model E-11.

The new E-11s are made by Buffet in france

but then, of course, Buffet bought Schreiber & Keilwerth .....

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Steve they were the old E-11's. How were the older E-11's?

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did see where claribass said they had problems with pads tearing. Anyone tried the Forte clarinet?

·
Distinguished SOTW member, musician, technician &
4,982 Posts
I noticed a significant amount of pads tearing very fast on newer, German made, Buffet E11 clarinets made in recent years. I also found key fitting a little dissapointing. I never really checked many E11s before that so I don't know about any significantly older ones.

Re the Forte, I haven't tried the Bb one so I don't know about it. But I'm pretty sure it's made by Amati and I found problems with these, in general. I have the Forte C clarinet, which I know is made by Amati, and found really a lot of problems with it (to be honest I wouldn't buy it if I could check it in advance).

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,840 Posts
Of course now Buffet OWNS Schreiber.............

·
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed a significant amount of pads tearing very fast on newer, German made, Buffet E11 clarinets made in recent years. I also found key fitting a little dissapointing. I never really checked many E11s before that so I don't know about any significantly older ones.

Re the Forte, I haven't tried the Bb one so I don't know about it. But I'm pretty sure it's made by Amati and I found problems with these, in general. I have the Forte C clarinet, which I know is made by Amati, and found really a lot of problems with it (to be honest I wouldn't buy it if I could check it in advance).
Thanks CB!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
In the end, keep in mind that the E11 (German made) and the Schreiber's that I am selling are REALLY "Student Wood" clarinets. The US market got way too caught up in the term "intermediate" and sadly confused the market. If you look on Buffet's website, they refer to the E11 as a "Student Wood" clarinet meaning this IS a student clarinet made out of wood.

This is one of the reasons that we offer and promote the pad upgrade on the Schreiber clarinet. The Master Series pads are great and REALLY improve the performance of the instrument. Combine that with a professional barrel like the Buffet Chadash and you instantly transform the clarinet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts