Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large scale audition coming up, and the prepared music has barely any weight compared to the scales (plus I have it down). They are clean at about 185 mm and I'm trying to get 'em up a bit. But in terms of musicality what can I do?

I find the vibrato really difficult in that speed but where exactly should I put it besides the last note?

What else should I do? There's 20+ altos trying out and 4 will make it and I want this to be a no brainer for the judges.

Thanks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have a large scale audition coming up, and the prepared music has barely any weight compared to the scales (plus I have it down). They are clean at about 185 mm and I'm trying to get 'em up a bit. But in terms of musicality what can I do?

I find the vibrato really difficult in that speed but where exactly should I put it besides the last note?

What else should I do? There's 20+ altos trying out and 4 will make it and I want this to be a no brainer for the judges.

Thanks.
For my audition, I only put vibrato on the final tone of my scales, as I too was doing them around ~180. For me, because vibrato was relatively unreasonable on the notes of the scale due to the speed, I focused on ensuring I had good tone, even scale, and made the vibrato really vocal on the final tone.

Just my experience...

- J

·
Registered
406 Posts
No worries man.

Where are you auditioning?? When I auditioned I was up against ~45 saxophonists but I was the only tenor player!! It was actually pretty funny they were all just staring at me like I was some kind of music deviant!!

- J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts