Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I got it to fit in my bell twice and now no matter how many times I turn it and readjust it, I can't get it to fit completely in the bell.

I have a Mark VI tenor and a BAM Softpack.

Anyone else have similar experiences or advice???

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
Are you talking the K&M Saxxy? I have one and a Mark VI. When collapsed an in it's bag, it slips right into the bell. Try gently turining it while slipping it into place. Do not force it!!!!!!!. It should slide right in. I love mine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K&M Saxxy

That's what's so weird, I did that and it worked a few times and now it won't. I did adjust the rubber band thing down a ways.

Could that have an effect?

Do I have to move the band up to the top before putting it in the bell?
Do you adjust the feet a special way?
Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,985 Posts
You shouldn't have to move anything. I'd suggest if you have the directions that came with the stand, that you follow them precisely; especially in regard to customizing the fit for your horn. I often see folks using these stands incorrectly, with the horn supported by resting the rim of the bell on top of the prongs. This should not be the case, and when you collapse the stand to fit in the bell, the rubber band that acts to support the bell should fold to the side outside the prongs. Then when the stand is in the bag, a simple twist will get it down inside the bell.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
2,090 Posts
K&M Saxxy

That's what's so weird, I did that and it worked a few times and now it won't. I did adjust the rubber band thing down a ways.

Could that have an effect?

Do you adjust the feet a special way?
Thanks!
No, I don't have to move the rubber band. I just collapse it completly, slip it into the bag and it'll slide right into the bell. Are you completely collapsing it? As I said, turn it until you find the position that allows it to slip down the bell. The leg ends should be at bottom of the bag so when you look into the bag you see the K&M logo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow - sorry so late in responding - a lot of clarinet gigs...
I have no idea the difference between when I posted and now, but it's working. A few twists and it goes down.
Well, I did try loosening the center piece a bit, so that the limbs would have a little more room to find their place when squished together.
Either way, I'm REALLY happy with the stand and I appreciate all of the input and advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts