Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
trhummer said:
I sent my RPC 90N to Saxaholic today, at his request, so that he can do his review. You're all witnesses! I just put a beloved mouthpiece in UPS, to a person known only as Saxaholic, somewhere deep in darkest New Jersey. Am I crazy, or what?:eek:ccasion:
No, you aren't crazy he's done that before with others. He's a very trustworthy person with a great reputation. Thanks to you as well for sharing.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Many thanks to trhummer for providing an RPC to do the review. It's a very kind and trusting gesture. I also appreciate the kind words!!

I should have this piece on Monday, and after some extensive play-testing of about a week or two, I'll have an appropriate review and will be ready to present it. I'll make sure the trhummer gets credit in the review for sending the piece.

Thanks to all for the great suggestions!

Saxaholic

trhummer said:
I sent my RPC 90N to Saxaholic today, at his request, so that he can do his review. You're all witnesses! I just put a beloved mouthpiece in UPS, to a person known only as Saxaholic, somewhere deep in darkest New Jersey. Am I crazy, or what?:eek:ccasion:
Don't worry, he's from Joisey, he's fine!

Grumps said:
Problem is... trhummer is the only person with a 90N in the first place. So it'll be a review for one.
I've got one--it's great, though more centered and slightly brigher than either of my 95F pieces, which are my primary lead alto pieces. Nice to know that there's another one out there somewhere!

drakesaxprof said:
I've got one--it's great, though more centered and slightly brigher than either of my 95F pieces, which are my primary lead alto pieces. Nice to know that there's another one out there somewhere!
Is yours also cut with a wedge/step leading down into the chamber, or is it more like a bullet cut? Could you post a pic of it?

Grumps said:
Is yours also cut with a wedge/step leading down into the chamber, or is it more like a bullet cut? Could you post a pic of it?
Definitely not a bullet. I'll be out of town for a week, but will try to get to it when I get back.

Saxaholic

I vote for comparing the Wilton to the Morgan 6M. Okay, I play the Morgan...great versatile piece !

Lairmon said:
I vote for comparing the Wilton to the Morgan 6M. Okay, I play the Morgan...great versatile piece !
I think saxaholic pretty much gave us the lowdown on the Morgans in his famous "5 6s" review (6C, 6M, 6L, 6E, and 6EL). You can probably extrapolate a comparison from that review to any other mouthpiece review he posts.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.