Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all on SOTW, thanks for all your support over all these years. I'm very pleased to be announcing the latest Saxscape models, available from the inventory here. I hope this is of interest. I will be available to answer any questions. Thanks!!

# # #

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Gas Automotive tire Auto part

Saxscape Mouthpieces Announces Fall 2018 New Product Launch

October 28, 2018 (Green Valley, Arizona) -- Saxscape Mouthpieces is proud to announce the availability of its latest professional mouthpieces, spanning the tonal range from bright to dark, and featuring the Downtown MB1, the Arizona, and the Xtra Dark models. They are available for immediate delivery in the most popular tip openings, and custom sizes can be made to order. Introductory pricing is set at an affordable $275 for all models.

Saxscape endorser Danny Walsh, who currently plays with Grammy Award-nominated guitarist Mike Stern (Miles Davis) at the 55 Bar in New York City, comments, "I've been playing Saxscape mouthpieces exclusively for the last four years. They give me what I need to play in any situation, in every style." Danny currently plays a Downtown MB1 and an Arizona. In addition to his performance credits, Danny works as a clinician for Ball State University's Jazz Department.

The Downtown MB1 is modeled after the famous Dave Guardala model that Michael Brecker played on most of his career, and is great for jazz fusion, smooth jazz, rock, and wherever a bright, quality sound is needed. The Arizona is the most tonally flexible model, based on the best qualities of highly sought-after metal Otto Links, and features a large chamber and complex faceted geometric baffle. The Xtra Dark, with its short rollover baffle and medium chamber, is inspired by the sounds of Rich Perry, Joe Lovano, and Joe Henderson, with more of a cool West Coast feel.

All Saxscape models are designed, precision machined, and tested by Ken Barry, whose mouthpiece concepts are informed by an eclectic gigging career of over 30 years. "I've spent many thousands of hours studying the work of the great mouthpiece makers, and the sound approaches of especially tenor greats John Coltrane and Michael Brecker. I owe many thanks to the great musicians in New York City and around the globe who have been playing Saxscape pieces and helping guide these designs over the last 12 years."

Video, audio, photos, and descriptions of these models can be found at the official Saxscape website, http://www.saxscape.com.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Congratulations on the product launch, Ken!

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,303 Posts
Hi Ken,
Hope you are well, my brother.
Congrats on the new pieces and new website---looks great!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Delrin, also known as acetal, it's a very hard tough polymer which holds tolerances very tightly. I've made over 2000 pieces out of it, it's great stuff.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to mention, they come with a 2 week trial period, return/exchange ok (as long as mouthpiece is returned in like-new condition)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts