Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just thought I would drop a line on the Tenor Saxscape Uptown 106 I just got a few days ago from DrG...I must say that I was impressed with it right from blowing the first note.....I played it for about 1 hr in my warehouse and had to give Ken a call and tell him what a great mpc he had made.....I have had plenty of top of the line mpcs in the past and have had that honeymoon stage before but after a week now I have not lost that feeling....I played it at a gig last night with a Blues R&B Rock type of band and was very suprised when some of the members of the band commented on how good I sounded...this mpc gives me the ability to play nice easy Jazz ballads as well as play a Rock type song and still keep up with the Guitars....It is the best mpc I have played for articulation and has a Getz type of sound to it...I play a 1939 Aristocrat and this mpc seems to bring it alive.....Ken says that this mpc was designed after the Link Slant Sigs..I have never had the pleasure to play a slant Sig so I cant compare the two but if I ever get GAS again I guess that Iwill have to save up a bundle and get one from 10mfan as I know he has great mpcs but at this point I am thinking this could be the mpc I finally settle down with and develop my sound with.....after looking at Steves blind mpc poll I dont think there is much need to spend $700 on a Slant......anyhow if you get a chance you should give one of Kens mpcs a try.....hopeing the honeymoon goes on for a while:D

Steve

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
Ahhh, another happy ending.

Enjoy it, Steve!

·
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks agian George

Steve

·
1,877 Posts
Nice hallkat,

the Saxscape made me put my Brillhart away. I love my Extra Dark. I was actually thinking of buying that .106 Dr G had to have 2 Saxscapes. I don't want to leave home without one.

Glad you picked it up.
Good luck, Mike Cesati

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
I just had my head polished - carnauba and beeswax! I'm glad you like it.

I was going for a kukui nut vibe.

:borg:

·
3,313 Posts
Saxscape Uptown Extra dark tenor mpc ,,,

Allo Hallkat,I also just bought and received this week a tenor Saxscape Uptown Ex.Dark,and I feel the same as you,just so happy,and glad that I boughthis tenor from Rodrigo herealso a member,,man a mpc this is turning out to be!I have been on this search for a few years now,buy and sell,or traded so many! This tenor mpc is just what I was looking for! Very easy to blow first,then the mpc is very friendly with reeds,and most important the sound is round,dark,and deep richness in the tone we get!I have been only a couple of days on this mpc,but I know that Ill grow even more into it!The opening is the same as you Hallkat,a 106.
I am also using Lavoz medium with Optinum ligature!Fits like a glove!
I wonder If some day they will make Saxscape for soprano??
So another happy customer of Saxscape!!!!
All the best,
Saxobari

·
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey Saxobari thats great that you are getting along well with your Saxscape....could turn out to be a Canadian trend eh

Steve

·
3,313 Posts
Hallkat,,I am sure that not a lot of Canadians know about those Saxscape!!
There are none in Montreal or Ottawa,,I am sure of that!
So in a way,,nice to have and play something that no one has around,,also sound kind of very unique!!!
All the best
Saxobari

·
Registered
337 Posts
I also recently had a GAS ending mouthpiece experience on alto. Isn't it great?

·
4,544 Posts
anybody besides Mark R tried a "Red River" from Saxscape? I'm intrigued, but not quite yet a $250 curiosity. Also, has anybody compared the 'metal profile' to the traditional from Ken?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts