Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The New Saxscape Live is available from the reverb.com online store! Introductory price is $275. It's available in SP (slim profile) and made of Delrin. https://reverb.com/item/17834430-saxscape-live-110-sp-2018-black

Two week money back / exchange guarantee. 110 tip openings are in stock and I can also make custom sizes on request.

The Saxscape Live tenor sax mouthpiece is a fusion of high-baffle power with Otto Link-like depth. Proven on stages and recording studios in New York City and Las Vegas, the Live can hold its own in the most demanding sonic situations. Danny Walsh will be playing the .110 opening Live during his upcoming performances with Mike Stern at the 55 Bar NYC, December 26 through 31, 2018.

Here's a video of Danny playing it on some recordings and performances:

Live mouthpieces are made on CNC and manual machine tools, and the chamber and baffle are finished by hand.

I'll be here to answer any questions.

Thanks!
Ken

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,243 Posts
Congrats, Ken. I hope you enjoy great success with this mouthpiece!!!
All the best, Mark

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,147 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm got one to review and it plays great! For me it's like a great mix of concept between a Link and a Guardala. Great Link on steroids mouthpiece that many are searching for. Danny sounds killer on it also! Hope to have the review out next week sometime..........
Thanks Steve! Appreciate it, looking forward to hearing you on it!
Ken

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow. You weren't kidding last week when you said the Live would be released in a few days:yikes!: Sweet looking piece. Assuming you don't have anything else up your sleeve (nudge nudge wink wink:whistle:) I may make one my Chanukkah present to myself next year, especially if all goes well and we're out your way again around the holidays. With an extra vacation week I can cash in, I can afford a Live AND the obligatory jewelry for the wife. (Although the Arizona does do almost everything I need a mouthpiece to do and the prototypes I just got from you do everything else very, very well...) Maybe we can work out something for my baritone by next Christmas? ;)
Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot Scott! The Live has a lot more edge than the Arizona so it's working better for the R&B gigs I'm playing lately. Definitely looking at the whole SATB line in the near future. Appreciate it, -Ken

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,147 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just put up a review and sound clip of the Saxscape "Live" .110 Slim Profile tenor saxophone mouthpiece. What a fun mouthpiece to play! If your looking for a piece that can straddle that line between an Otto Link and a Guardala, this would be a great mouthpiece to consider. Check it out!

http://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2019/01/saxscape-live-slim-profile-tenor-saxophone-mouthpiece-review/
Steve, Thank you so much for your terrific review!! I'm honored that you place it in such high esteem. Enjoy the piece! Hope things go well for you in this coming year.
Cheers, Ken

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Ken was gracious enough to make one in a hurry for me as I needed a replacement for my CE Winds Legend I (1st generation in Silverite, crappy material, can't find another when it fails and generally not that fond of it anymore). I use this type of mouthpiece for my Lt. Dan Band gig which it works perfectly for. The smaller profile, like a metal piece works better for me than a large HR type piece. Anyway, great piece at a very reasonable price.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ken was gracious enough to make one in a hurry for me as I needed a replacement for my CE Winds Legend I (1st generation in Silverite, crappy material, can't find another when it fails and generally not that fond of it anymore). I use this type of mouthpiece for my Lt. Dan Band gig which it works perfectly for. The smaller profile, like a metal piece works better for me than a large HR type piece. Anyway, great piece at a very reasonable price.
Thank you Mitch! Appreciate your kind words and glad the mouthpiece is working for you.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
nice sound! great price too!
do you make them in closer tips? how do one specify tip opening on reverb?
oh, and since you specify slim profile, do you have plans to make them in a thicker profile?
thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
nice sound! great price too!
do you make them in closer tips? how do one specify tip opening on reverb?
oh, and since you specify slim profile, do you have plans to make them in a thicker profile?
thanks
Thank you, I have some smaller pieces (.098-.104) scheduled for production in a few days. I'll post here when they're on reverb.com.

I have not tested this design in a HR profile yet. I look forward to working on that in a month or so.

Thanks!
Ken

·
Registered
26 Posts
New Saxscape Live tenor SP mouthpieces are available, in sizes from 103 to 115. Check them out at the reverb.com online store: https://reverb.com/shop/saxscape?query=live

They are priced at $275. Two week money back / exchange guarantee.

From the description:

The Saxscape Live tenor sax mouthpiece is a fusion of high-baffle power with Otto Link-like depth. Proven on stage and in recording studios by top professionals, the Live can hold its own in the most demanding sonic situations.

"The magnificent Live mouthpiece from Saxscape gives me a versatility which is unmatched by anything else I've played. The tone has the depth and warmth needed for straight ahead jazz playing, and also possesses a modern edginess which I find perfect for R&B and funk. Thanks to Ken Barry for this great piece!"- Danny Walsh, New York City (Grammy-Nominated Mike Stern, Randy Brecker, Aerosmith World Tour, Lenny White)

"What a fun mouthpiece to play! If you're looking for a piece that can straddle that line between an Otto Link and a Guardala, this would be a great mouthpiece to consider. Check it out!" -- Steve Neff (World's Preeminent Mouthpiece Review Website)

"Mouthpiece works great for this gig, thanks!" -- Mitch Paliga (Gary Sinese's Lieutenant Dan Band with Danny Gottlieb, Drums)

"...All I can say is WOW! You’ve created a winner. Thank you so much and please keep me in the loop as far as your other creations in the future. I can’t thank you enough!" - Jimmy Haag, Las Vegas Professional Musician

- - - - -

Thanks,
Ken
http://www.saxscape.com

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I just finished a couple weeks of gigs on this with the Lt. Dan Band and it delivers so much for me: depth, power, bright or dark, loud or soft, reed friendly, fast articulation; low end is a dream compared to most high baffle pieces. The profile is perfect as well as I prefer the shape similar to Links. I'm locking in more with pitch, articulation and sound concept with the rest of the horn section, Tom "Bones" Malone and Kirk Garrison. Thanks Ken!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts