Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I looking for an alternative to my Guardalas on tenor.
May I have some opinions on Ken's saxscape Downtown (either the original Downtown or the new Downtown Live)?
Those of you with experience of both guardalas and the saxscapes, your views on comparisons would also be helpful.

My main "worries" are a different bite/feel and response.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,877 Posts
Hi,
Have you contacted Ken directly?? He's very good with answering your specific questions and he also gives a money back gaurantee so you may want to try one.

I'm playing a Saxscape Extra Dark so I can't be of any help on how these Downtowns play but I would call or email Ken if you haven't already. I'm sure he can help you .

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike

Thanks! I've already emailed Ken. Waiting for his reply. I'm also interested in some opinions by existing users.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Saxscape

Both Mike Cesati and myself posted early last month on the Saxscape mouthpieces (see the post for my description). I have primarily been playing Guardala tenor pieces (Brecker, MB II, and Traditional) for the past twenty years. I went with an Uptown Live for several reasons; I still like the feel of Links (comfort), I wanted a good alternative to metal, and I wanted something that played easier in the low register. When I saw that this was what Nick Franciosa was now playing, who also used to play Guardalas, I fiqured it was worth a try. I am very happy with this mouthpiece. the more I play it, the more I like it, and it is more versatile than what I was playing.
I debated whether to go with a Downtown, but I thought that might be to similar to my Guardala, so went with the Uptown Live 8*. Talk to Ken and good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts