Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just launched our new SAXRAX E Stand August 2011. It can hold either the Ewi USB model or the 4000s model. It can also be used as a combo to hold your Ewi and Alto or tenor. for more info go to www.saxrax.com.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,860 Posts
Does it work with a Yamaha WX?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randell. hi. The process was that I was at NAMM in January and went to the Akia booth. I spoke with Jon Bickle Head of Akia UK marketing. I looked at various ways to hold this instrument and its not easy. The buttons etc are touch sensitive. one model has a USB lead, the other is longer and heavier etc etc. I started to design prototypes when I got back and went through a lot of ideas. I basically worked on the EWI stand mainly because it was what I had to work with.(I had both models). I sold my Yamaha a while ago so now this maybe my next project. I have know idea how many Ewi players are out there and how many stands I need to make. But it does fill this niche hole. Im making some for the US market as we speak so hopefully they will be available in September. If anyone wants more info etc they can email me direct on [email protected]..

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,860 Posts
So John, I will take that as a "no"?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randell. To be honest I dont know. I have looked at the Yamaha dimensions online and the features of my stand for the Ewi may infact be ok to cover the Yamaha models also. I will try and get hold of a Yamaha just to be sure. The top support is adjustable in height and the bottom cup looks large enough to hold the square section of the Yamaha. So i will post an update shortly once i get hold of a yamaha to test it out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
johnc,

I'm interested. I've wanted a stand for my EWI for a while. It's so much easier to pick up my clarinet off its stand and play that, than fiddle about taking the EWI out of its box (lazy, I know).

I had a bit of trouble finding it on your site (it's on the news page, in case anyone else was wondering). Flash based sites slow my PC to a crawl and make the whole experience frustrating. I still didn't find a price, or a link to buy one in the UK. Any clues?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
johnc,

I'm interested. I've wanted a stand for my EWI for a while. It's so much easier to pick up my clarinet off its stand and play that, than fiddle about taking the EWI out of its box (lazy, I know).

I had a bit of trouble finding it on your site (it's on the news page, in case anyone else was wondering). Flash based sites slow my PC to a crawl and make the whole experience frustrating. I still didn't find a price, or a link to buy one in the UK. Any clues?
Call me on 01708 446644. they are also on Amazon UK and sax.co.uk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts