Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jemeel Moondoc died August 29, 2021 at the age of 76 from causes including sickle cell anemia. I loved his playing and always thought he was blessed with one of the most poetic names. While his profile was never very high, he did record more than two dozen albums, most as a leader with his various groups, dating back to the 1970s.

There's an excellent obit here: Jemeel Moondoc, Intrepid Saxophonist and Composer Who Carved a Path Through the Avant-Garde, Is Dead at 76

Older interview here: Interview: Jemeel Moondoc

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Jemeel Moondoc died August 29, 2021 at the age of 76 from causes including sickle cell anemia. I loved his playing and always thought he was blessed with one of the most poetic names. While his profile was never very high, he did record more than two dozen albums, most as a leader with his various groups, dating back to the 1970s.

There's an excellent obit here: Jemeel Moondoc, Intrepid Saxophonist and Composer Who Carved a Path Through the Avant-Garde, Is Dead at 76

Older interview here: Interview: Jemeel Moondoc
Have to say I appreciate you're reporting when these great artist's take that step to somewhere else. How long have you been posting these? I think I first started noticing them a year or so ago.

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Pontius. I couldn't have told you how long I've been at it, so I scanned through the archive. A few obit posts go back as early as 2010, but I got somewhat more systematic (occasionally searching google news) in mid-2013.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Sad to note the limited response. He was on an original musical path. We need more of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts