Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

my name is Lorenzo, I leave in Europe and I've been playing Tenor saxophone on and off for the past 15 years or so.
I have the chance to travel to Singapore and Bali (ehm.... honeymoon!) in the next weeks and I was intrigued by the idea to buy myself a straight soprano.

I would be very grateful to anybody who could point me towards any shops especially in Singapore (but Bali too) where I could find and get a ride with one of these chinese saxophones. I'd love to try one myself, see how I feel about it and in case purchase one or convince my future wife to let me purchase a Yanagisawa instead.

I've looked at Singaporean yellow pages on the web but couldn't find many woodwind shops, I'd be really grateful for any suggestions you might have on shops selling saxophones, perhaps of which you have prior experience,

Ciao
Lorenzo

Borgani Tenor Sib

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,664 Posts
Mate -

You are NOT going to find any horn shop in Bali, or a soprano for that matter!

In Singapore, you are likely to find Yamaha sopranos, and even the intermediate one, YSS475, will be at least $US 1600.

I have a friend in Singapore, and he has a Taiwanese straight sop that sings; it is silver-plated and the tone is good. Email me at [email protected] and I can give you his contact details.

I am based in Jakarta and have a 475. If you can stop by Jakarta on your way to or from Bali, you can try it out and, if interested, you may buy it!

Thang

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,494 Posts
I've noodled around Singapore a few times and have never come across a
saxophone shop.

Not to say they ain't there, but you will need to hunt them down.

·
2,664 Posts
They are there, but if you want good-quality horns, there are only about five shops (one of which is the Yamaha store itself).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been to Singapore a few times. The only place I found was the Yamaha store on Orchard Road on the top floor of some shopping mall. Sorry forgot exactly where it is but there was a Starbucks and McDonalds there if that narrows it down.

·
2,664 Posts
The problem with that Yami store (in Singapora Mall) is that its items are just way overpriced because of its huge overhead costs.

If anyone is stopping by Singapore and needs some advice on where to go for horn shops or technicians, let me know. I will help!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi

there is a number of places in Singapore where they sell horns. They are:

1)Yamaha @ Plaza Singapura(a shopping mall near orchard road)--> By default, they sell yamaha horns.

2)Accent music (they have a website. u can look up their location) --> yamaha, selmer and p.mauriat.

3)Band World @ IMM building(at Jurong) ---> yanagisawa, yahama and some others. they have a website too.

4)Swee Lee @ Bras Basah Complex(near bugis)--> not sure which brands they carry.

These are the places which I know. All of them have websites. they do also list the brands which they sell on their website.

Cheers~

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep, you can not find music store selling sax in Bali.
Singapore is beteer place. Go to Swee Lee, I know that place for number years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

there is a number of places in Singapore where they sell horns. They are:

1)Yamaha @ Plaza Singapura(a shopping mall near orchard road)--> By default, they sell yamaha horns.

2)Accent music (they have a website. u can look up their location) --> yamaha, selmer and p.mauriat.

3)Band World @ IMM building(at Jurong) ---> yanagisawa, yahama and some others. they have a website too.

4)Swee Lee @ Bras Basah Complex(near bugis)--> not sure which brands they carry.

These are the places which I know. All of them have websites. they do also list the brands which they sell on their website.

Cheers~

There is also a MusicGear in Singapore, u can google it. It is a new selmer dealer :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts