Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Conn 10m, (serial number 270, XXX) and it's in need of some repairs, probably an overhaul. Also I'm pretty sure it's been relaquered, so I'm not sure what damage that did or did not do. Anyway I need to find a repairman or place to have it repaired. I live in Southern California, Los Angeles/Orange County area. Does anyone have any recommendations for a repairman for the 10m? I would like a sort of reasonable price, but all recommendations are helpfull.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Just had Les plug a pick-up hole on the neck of a King SilverSonic.
Fantastic job at a very reasonable price.
For overhauls his prices are very reasonable, and I am sure the work is top notch.

Of course there is always Manny at the Horn Connection, I know Sam Ash in Hollywood got a new tech so I can't say whether good or bad.
We recently went to Baxters in Van Nuys and it looked a shell of it's former 'self'. Sad really, but another place to consider.
Though a bit out of the way, Nick Rail always have good techs, including Nick himself in Santa Barbara (HAD to plug him, right?)

I hope you got the 10M at a nice price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was, it came with a Selmer Super action 80 alto too, only the Conn needs repairs though. So it was quite the bargain.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Don't forget Horn Improvement in Mission Viejo.
Still, Les would be my choice if I was in South LA County/OC. as I have used him with very nice results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts