Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i'm a new member here who's completely at a lost with his saxophone playing at the moment. Here's my story:

Well I've been playing saxophone since I was 12 (i'm 17 now), but i'm not NEARLY as good as the many hundreds of people my age i've seen on Youtube and what not. I know a lot of you may be thinking "well it's because you don't practice enough"...which is only partly true (is an hour a dya enough?). I think the real dilemma i'm having at the moment is the lack of a specific teacher (like a strictly classical or strictly jazz teacher) because i've hardly progressed these past two years. I'm completely incompetent in jazz improvisation (i thought jazz was all about blues scales until i realized that ..well...it's not -_-), sight reading skills are appalling and my ears are terrible. Is it lack of practice, lack of proper/specific teacher or just a gap in the whole learning experience?

Ideas anyone?

(sorry if it sounds like i'm whining.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe you should listen music more. Focus on music. Find out what really moves you. And then you'll have some more specific idea on what you want to do on the saxophone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts