Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Recently purchased and refurbished a King Saxello. Having a ball with it. By far my most classical sounding horn. Totally different from the SML straight soprano. One question, on the bottom, near the bell, there is a holder that looks like a lyre holder. I see a place for a screw, but don't have the screw. Can't be a lyre holder at this position (inside bottom, below the right thumb holder.) Part of the stand that used to come with the horns? Check out attached pic... Thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That spot is for a stand that attaches through the hole and is tightened by the screws onto the saxello. My saxello came with the stand, it looks somewhat like a large metal Y. The horn balances on the stand and the tipped bell. I can send you a photo of mine if you wish. The stand is usually found in a little compartment or under the horn . In the case it came with you should see a little slot for it under the horn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would be very interested in a picture. No stand came with the horn, and the case is not original, although it is a descent fit. Does the stand work? I would be interested in purchasing one or an alternative. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts