Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Professor
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you know that SaxDaddy (Mike Reed) is a repair tech. He rebuilt my King S20 Eastlake tenor about 15 years ago and it still plays extremely well with only a single checkup by SaxDaddy during this time. He even found and fixed a couple of problems from the factory, including a poorly soldiered neck socket. If you are thinking about having some work done on your horn(s), I highly recommend Mike Reed (aka SaxDaddy). To put it in perspective, I drive four hours each way to have him work on my horns. That works out to 12 hours on the road (drop off and pick up) and it has been worth every hour and every mile.

Saxdaddy also rebuilds and sells instruments. He is a standup guy and easy to deal with. Check out his webpage https://www.saxdaddymusic.com/.

Mike W (Mike Whitworth)

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
998 Posts
Thanks Mike. Glad it's still going strong, very nice horn, I've always had a thing for vintage Kings and yours was no exception. Best part of rebuilding vintage saxophones for me, is test playing them. I had some fun with that one, very nice tone and projection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts