Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is in need of a refresh not least because I'm looking for a tech and their must be more out there than I know about. Who can you recommend in London, particularly anybody used to dealing with older horns, mine's a super20 and while I can probably get away with a recork, a few new pads and a set up I might be in the market for something a bit more thorough.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,112 Posts
Try Howarth or Sax.co.uk

Any decent sax repairer should be able to work on any sax of any vintage, so I can't honestly see why you're limiting your search by being specific about looking for someone used to dealing with older instruments when someone who works mainly on saxes should be more than ideal.

There aren't that many things found on a Super 20 that are out the ordinary (there are some differences, but not major ones) so anyone with aptitude and experience shouldn't find them or any other older or vintage instruments a challenge to work on.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
My recommendation is Mark at Sax.co.uk in Denmark St. He is extremely conscientious and will really go the extra mile for you, plus he's right there in Central London.

Phil Williams at Lewingtons (but he's a 3/4 hour drive from central London) is also excellent,

and there are a couple of people in South London who friends have recommended but I can't remember their names - chip in someone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts