Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I was directed here by a few friends who suggested this would be the best place to put an ad for a sax player for a Springsteen Tribute Band based out of the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT). Good pay and steady work.

No John Coltrane or Junior Walker needed ....

The Band is Called Tramps Like Us and the web site is
http://www.trampslikeus.com/

Our long time sax player is relocating, so it looks like we will be auditioning sax players for the position in the coming months.

Obviously we need professional player who knows Bruce's music well and has that Rock/R&B sound like Clarence.

Looking forward to possibly hearing back from some of you and maybe you can pass the word along if you may know of someone.

Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Mark
Tramps Like Us

You can send an email from the web sites contact page or mail to [email protected]

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Hi Mark,

I think I've spoken to our mutual friend here, and while I would love to do it, ( I cut my teeth on the big Man's stuff) a working band just doesn't fit into my life at this point. I will keep an ear and eye open for ya.

Carl, I believe they are based in Northern NJ and play in the NYC, NJ and CT areas, but I could be a little off, not much just a little. ;)

they have some nice clips up on youtube

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Hey Mark -

Kenny's friend Frank ("bigs", aka "bones" now...) here. Hope you don't mind me answering a couple of these questions. I was going to ask you next week if you wanted me to post this here.

Bill's right - NY/NJ/CT area, but based in NY. As a matter of fact, if anyone is local and wants to see the band, they'll be at the Molly Darcy's in Danbury on Saturday 11/10. You can PM me for the details. Love to see you guys there.

I'd throw my hat in the ring, but Brian is a tough act to follow.

Good luck in your search Mark.

Frank

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big E Smalls, whats up bro?, Help me out here, you are a big wig on this board, no? Got to be some takers here, Help us out!

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Bill Mecca said:
well maybe a little Jr, since he is one of Clarence's influences. :lol:
Maybe he should have listened to him a little closer. I don't hear that at all. Jr. had ears.

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Bill, Bill, Bill... they're looking for a tenor player, and one that can play some keys as well. I think that leaves him out!

HEY GUYS - Tramps is an amazing band. This is a great opportunity here for a outstanding regular gig (not to mention the adoring fans). ;) There has to be someone on here that can help my buddy Mark out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fballatore said:
Bill, Bill, Bill... they're looking for a tenor player, and one that can play some keys as well. I think that leaves him out!

HEY GUYS - Tramps is an amazing band. This is a great opportunity here for a outstanding regular gig (not to mention the adoring fans). ;) There has to be someone on here that can help my buddy Mark out.
Hey Frank,
thanks for the plug and kind words, I agree... there must be someone here to fill the void?:? :? Fingers crossed.
Thanks
Mark

·
Forum Contributor 2010, Distinguished SOTW Member
5,076 Posts
I'd be the perfect guy for you, except the commute from Phoenix is a killer!:D

Good luck filling the spot.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,205 Posts
Reedsplinter said:
I'd be the perfect guy for you, except the commute from Phoenix is a killer!:D

Good luck filling the spot.
...not to mention the associate dean would miss you.;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts