Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Others here may already be aware of this company, but I recently was able to purchase a small part for my Selmer Series III alto from Votaw Tool Company: https://www.votawtool.com/.

I thought I would have to order the part from Conn Selmer, or possibly even Selmer Paris, but I happened to do a search online and found this company by accident. The part cost about $15 and came in the mail quickly; I took it to my tech for installation. Much better than waiting for months.

·
Distinguished Technician & SOTW Columnist. RIP, Yo
17,204 Posts
In my experience - mainly with tools - Votaw is an excellent company. However there are many traps for buying instrument parts on-line., eg incorrect thread for the model you have, or part needs expert fitting, etc.

It's good that you struck it lucky. :)

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, they offer a lot of very specific parts, labeled by manufacturer and by functional description, with a list of the horn models that they fit. They must get these items straight from the makers. One of their "universal" parts might be a riskier buy.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I got the impression that one needed to be a NAPBIRT member or have a business license in order to buy from Votaw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts