Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE:

Because you found the Forum again, your DNS is finding the new IP for Sax on the Web!

If you see any problems or anomalies, something is behaving differently, please report here.
For other issues open a thread in Forum Problems.

The only problem I see see so far is that the French SOTW sub-Forum is not rendering the French diacritics correctly.
(Sorry Kim, will work on that :) )

===========================================
The SOTW Forum and the entire saxontheweb.net site will shortly be moved to a new server.
Please post with care now and avoid longer essays if not local copies.

Prepare for a service interruption for several hours.

Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Re: Sax on the web site move!

I did have a problem at first. All is well now. Is it just me, or is the new server much faster?

·
Forum Founder
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Sax on the web site move!

I did have a problem at first. All is well now. Is it just me, or is the new server much faster?
L. Thudd, yes, this new server is much faster than the previous one. We do not have our usual user load, yet, but this is very promising. I already relaxed some search restrictions and no effect in performance!!

·
Banned
1,055 Posts
If its faster, great news for the wireless/ipad user

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
No question but what this is working better.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Maybe just me but the photos in the marketplace seems to be not working.

Cheers

Denny

·
SOTW Administrator
26,212 Posts
SOTW seems snappier....:)

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
I'm lovin' it!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,230 Posts
I would like to report a problem. I have typed the ? (euro) sign in a post after the upgrade and it showed as a question mark. If I preview it now it seems to go ok but when publishing (as you can see) it shows a question mark, I expect this involves some other special symbols errors too........for the rest everything seems to be very quick as it was in the good old days before the server errors

·
Banned
1,055 Posts
Definitely faster on the iPad. Great !

·
39,230 Posts
are we talking of links? are we talking of attached pictures?

·
39,230 Posts
I can see attached pics in old threads of mine , they are still there. It might be possible that something went wrong while you were posting new things, do edit and reattach.

I see several examples of things displaying strange signs, lieke the Euro (and the pound!) sign being displayed as a question mark, someone should check this because it will turn out to be pretty annoying pretty soon

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,880 Posts
I am unable to watch attached pictures as well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts