Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most of us are already aware of the 200th Birthday this Thursday of Adolphe Sax?

I will be joining fellow SOTW'r Uwe Steinmetz as he hosts a concert with 200 saxophonists in Berlin. The thing is I'll actually be in Central London playing on the roof of Methodist Central Hall! We're trying to drum up some wider interest in this story but I am hoping that I'll be able to live stream some of it for you guys on here.

2014 marks a number of significant anniversaries. Not only do we celebrate Sax's birthday on the 6th Nov, but Sunday marks 25 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall. Add in the 100 years since the First World War and the fact that Methodist Central Hall, Westminster was the venue for the first meeting of the United Nations, (in 1946) and you can understand how excited I am by this. You can read more here.

Finally why don't we try and take over Social Media with a #sax200 hashtag on Thursday? I know not everyone is on Twitter or Facebook but it would be great to take a picture with our sax, wherever we are in the world and celebrate not only Adolphe's birthday, but our wish to see music be a unifying art?

Thanks

p.s this will be the background on Thursday

Sky Building Dusk Tower Cityscape

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.