Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Perth Western Australia, where I have only a limited access to sax mouthpieces, and they are also 2-3 times more expensive than in the US.

I kept ordering on-line which proved a hit and miss exercise (mostly miss), and decided not to buy another mpc without trying it first.

I'll be travelling through Canada in September, and will visit Vancouver and Montreal, and was hoping for an opportunity to find one in Canada.

Could you guys recommend some good music shops in these two cities where I could try and buy metal mpcs for Alto and Soprano?

Looking forward to your reply.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008
1,555 Posts
In Montreal I recommend:
www.musiquedemarc.com (you need to take the Yellow metro line to Longueuil and then walk for less than 10 min.)
www.twigg-musique.com (easy access from metro station Berri UQAM)

Twigg also has a 3-day money back policy. Marc will likely match that policy too.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Super Action Man and Daigle65

..Gaston Legaffe...

I have 10 albums. All in Croatian (English never translated it - which is a pity)

I also have a complete set of Asterix and a good number of Lucky Luke albums.
A 75% of Oumpah Pah - remember that one?

It reminded me I'm visiting a French speaking country.

It would be nice to purchase Fernandel movies.
Unfortunatelly I don't speak French.

I looked on the Web, but I'm yet to find him subtitled on the Web to English although I watched the 2nd Don Camillo movie subtitled here in Australia.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Don't know how long you'll be in Vancouver, and if you would have time to arrange a side trip down to the Seattle area, but mouthpiece guru Bob Carpenter is in the Seattle area and has lots of mpc's available for sale. If you can swing the side trip, PM me and I will give you Bob's contact info.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Claude Bolling wrote very nice music for many of the Lucky Luke and Asterix videos

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Gaston Lagaffe's main instrument is drums,and he plays Gretsch he is actually the logo for Drummer's World in NYC

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't know how long you'll be in Vancouver, and if you would have time to arrange a side trip down to the Seattle area, but mouthpiece guru Bob Carpenter is in the Seattle area and has lots of mpc's available for sale. If you can swing the side trip, PM me and I will give you Bob's contact info.
Thanks Al, Visiting Seattle would be great, but I think it will be too tight.
We'll land in Vancouver in the morning, pick up the rental, and go straight for the Rockies where we'll spend the most of our time in BC.
On the way back, we'll spend 1 whole day in Vancouver before flying to Montreal. My wife will put up with me and my mpc search that day.

A few shops in Vancouver, a few in Montreal. Should work out...having said that, after working the Soprano S80 C** for a few months now, it's starting to work too. I'll bring it along to compare.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm not familiar with any of the other shops in Montreal but I can't speak highly enough about Pascal Veraquin's place. Sweet shop and nicely laid out,large selection of mouthpieces and a nice sound room. When I got my Conn soprano ( sans M.P. ),I went there to try different ones. They laid out 15 different pieces and left me to go at it.With my wife along as second judge ,we quickly cut the herd and found a good match. Good prices too. Just my 2 cents CDN.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts