Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you chose to spice up your live performances guys?

Here is the "TC HELICON VoiceLive Touch" that attaches to the Mic Stand at €499

Here "TC HELICON VoiceLive 2" that lies on the floor with food-buttons at €759

Thanks guys. 16 hours left to decide (from the post hour)
Thanasis

·
Registered
162 Posts
I use the TC Helicon Harmony M sometimes. I use it as a stand alone as well as tapped out of our keyboard players midi out. It works effectively for my purposes both ways.

If not overdone it's pretty nice. I have it stand mounted so it's handy, and I use the TC 3 button remote stomp box with it also.

My poor old eyes couldn't read the display on the big floor unit you have as your second picture, so it wasn't even an option for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Newlife. It is ok if you have a midi keyboard player always stand by you, your solution is good. What about if you perform with a background mp3 file.

The Display is not a problem as you need to focus on the food switches. The display is good only for setting the thing up.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,207 Posts
Looking at the specs, it appears the stomp box is more flexible.

TC makes some great gear. One of my 'go to' reverb plugins is made by them, and it's superior to many others..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi brother Hakukaki. You have greatly helped me with gear in the past!!! Thanks. From what I see you prefer the stomp box (that with the food switches). I think this is the trend but I would like to hear more personal preferences on this matter.

Regarding the specs you mentioned above, don't forget the following sources,
There is a comparison chart between the above 2 systems in this link.

A demo video that shows the capabilities of the system can be found here. Wooowwwwowowow. If it can capture basic Jazzy Chords from the rest of the band it can be the next big thing !!!!

Check the video here. It will blow you away !!!!

It can even f. make your sax sound like an electric guitar with distortion !

Looking forward to replies. Especially...whether you prefer it controlled by your hands or your food.

Love to all.
(I am in my bank's overdraft limits just to let you know hahahah)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

NEWS

I have just pre-ordered the LiveVoice 2 system !
Finally droped the price at 729 becasue dealer didnt have in stock.
It will take some time to come. I even pre-paid an amound !

Order completed !!!
Awaiting for the beast.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
they are FOOT buttons. the touch one gets food all over it after the quick band-wich

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought one for Vocals, and SAX. It's amazing with Sax.

First of all you have to let the harmonizer work best, by not playing constantly. It needs to be able to respond when in Harmony mode, our Sax player in the Band gets great sounds when he rests
between sequences, and lets the Voicelive2 answer. The Reverb and other effects are good, but if you only need reverb, get a cheaper box, this is expensive, but worth it if you need harmonizer and quality pre amps and some effects.

Also, check out the Eventide Eclipse for even better effects, better fidelity, and better harmonizer, Higher priced - you get what you pay for. Eventide Eclipse is off the Wall incredible with guitar, Sax, or voice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
TC Helicon VL Touch seems really interesting, how those effects (harmony,delay,reverb) works with saxophone? I use condenser clip microphone and it needs phantom power, is it possible use with TC Helicon?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use the same setup with Sax. ie, condenser mic and Sax. Works very nice. Not a effects box like Lexicon, this unit is designed for vocals and some effects like reverb - not as complex stand alone Reverb unit, but useful. The best part is the harmonies, the Sax sounds like whole horn section when played right - you have to not play none stop, stop playing for a few seconds to let the Harmonizer catch up and respond. Then it works amazingly well. - Pablo from Bluesriverman

Sax with TC Helicon on http://www.youtube.com/user/Bluesriverman

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am new to this forum and not a sax player! However, I bought a TC Helicon for my sax player to use and it worked well in rehearsals when we were in a circle. It has been awfyl at gigs (spill) even when using a sennheiser 945. Has anyone else had this problem? What mic do you use? HELP!! Gratefully received! Terry.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DPA 4099 for sax is probably the only way to go.... Otherwise the VoiceLive will pick the surrounding noises and create harmonics around them !!!!

So you need to be really really carefull. You should stand behind the speakers and avoid monitor speakers. A mix man should do the mix, not you.....

These are some limitiations of this machine !!!

Also, Thomas thanks for the YouTube Link and other info. But there was no "Sax with TC Helicon" at the youtube link you provided above.....(?????)...... I' ve already bought the VoiceLive2 extreme edition. Eventide Eclipse was a bit expensive for my pocket....

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am at the beggining of my investigation regarding sax effects. From my search, this seems a very good option. I also looked at Digitech 300, it seems very nice as well, but apparently, there is some noise associated with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiaXGE_GHaQ

Now, regarding the helicon voicelive, I've seen some demos regarding the harmonic capabilities and they are nice. But is it possible to define a precise interval? Like, all the notes played a fourth down or an octave down?

As Thanasis said, the sorrounding noises can be an issue so, if we could define the interval, I think it would bring some good results as well.

Thanks for your answers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dear erbuncho,

(a bit late)
But Yes...

With VoiceLive2 it is possible to define 4 different Harmonic Voices and define if you want them above the Lead Voice, below, octaves up or octaves down...

If you set it to default constant Scales (not let it automatically pick the scales for you) you can define 1, 2 , 3rd, 4rth etc down or up.

I get to know my VoiceLive2 very well by today

Take care !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts