Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a result of the serous problem of GAS Addiction suffered by many members on this forum and in the world at large I am starting a Virtual Online Chapter of Sax GAS Guzzlers Anonymous.

It's a twelve step program with each step a note on the Chromatic Scale. However, depending on their degree of GAS members will be advised to possibly start any of the other programs:

The Eight Step Diatonic Group for those with fewer problems and control issues.

The Five Step Major or Minor Pentatonic Groups depending on their overall mood.

The Six Step Blues Group for those who are really blue and need more time to recover.

Look for upcoming announcements on this thread of the link to the website where you can sign up to participate. All information and advice will be confidential and kept within the confines of each group just as in all X-Anonymous Groups. Members will select a buddy to help them deal with their GAS Addiction and keep them from falling ¡ off the wagon each time they see a new Mouthpiece advertised on this forum or on any website. Looking at E-bay and other sales sites is strictly discouraged and constitutes losing a step automatically. Accessing the SOTW Marketplace, likewise. However, in all cases the members all be responsible for their own progress so each time you lose a step it will be the wake-up call to get you back climbing the stairway to Freedom From GAS.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which note does it begin with? Maybe G (for GAS)? If so, then it would end with F (fulfilled) and F# (fulfilled and wise?).

Of course, F# is followed by...
I see what you're doing there you sly fox.....however,

The idea of a 12 Step program is that the 12th step is the last one. Clearly this is only a one octave pyramid. It's not a piano but more like a recorder, and it can't be overblown either. No harmonics allowed. Or if you will, it's a one octave chromatic harmonica.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
... Or if you will, it's a one octave chromatic harmonica.
That reminds me... I tried to order a Hohner Super Chromonica (12-hole, 48 reeds). I wanted it in low C, but Hohner won't sell that one in the U.S. Have to contact a UK dealer. They won't sell the Meisterklasse diatonic in the U.S. either.

Speaking of recorders, like an idiot I passed a chance to buy a nice old Moeck wooden bass recorder for only $125.

Oops, here I'm writing about equipment again...

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You didn't even make it to the pathway to the first step. Shame on you and a thousand lashes with wet arundo donax. Speaking of which that stuff grows all over the Mediterranean coast. But a lot of it is not reed grade, just a subspecies I think cause it's very soft. when you go along the coast in Provence you see it everywhere.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Well, I have only one sax - my YTS-21.

I have two clarinets.

That's about it for serious instruments. I have recorders, harmonicas, etc.

Selling my guitar on consignment. I love the sound, but honestly I can't play guitar. I also don't want to lose focus on sax.

The only thing I'm in the market for is a good mouthpiece. I have three beginner mouthpieces and am no longer thrilled with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts