Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
712 Posts
Mine has a couple screwdrivers, elastic bands, mouthpiece patches and duct tape. How about yours, Lucas? I didn't feel like watching the video.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician.
3,224 Posts
I have a strip of double sided velcro which can be used as a ligature on any mouthpiece.
I have better/ sharper craft knife and/or blades.
My pliers are smooth jawed so I don't damage keywork.
I have Yamaha powder papers for using on sticky pads.
I also carried a multitool which was useful for fixing things other than the sax.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I take a black bag w/plenty 'o pockets that have much of what is stated above. BUT.... in addition, I have a leak light, super glue, sand paper (fine), extra neck straps and a killer Swiss Army Knife, pipe cleaners, lots of reeds, PENCIL, Teflon tape. IF I go to an 'important' job I'll take along a second horn so in case of problems - just a matter of settin' up and BAMM - I'm playin' in no time (free form gig) !
Oric Muso uses Yamaha powder papers; I prefer a plain dollar bill. Screw drivers are a must as so sez Mr. Kilter.

DDR-> Be Prepared ! Great post.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has a couple screwdrivers, elastic bands, mouthpiece patches and duct tape. How about yours, Lucas? I didn't feel like watching the video.
I have these tools:
-glue
-screwdriver big/small
-tweezers
-knife
-chalk
-duct tape
-cello tape
-cork
-sandpaper
-crochet hook
-pliers
-LED-bar

@kilter: when do you use the elastic bands

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician.
3,224 Posts
I'll see if I have time to take a picture. It's just velcro. One side is wooly which is the side to present to the mouthpiece and reed. The 'hook' side goes on the outside so that it doesn't scratch. I used to stick one strip to the back of the other but you can buy double sided strip of this stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts