Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a jet-lagged stupor, I came upon sax.co.uk shoppe in London. Wow, nice shoppe. A bit of sticker shock whilst converting to USD. None the less, it was some interesting window shopping. And what about the weather in London right now. In 25 some years of visiting here, I've never experienced it this nice. The Mrs arrives on saturday. Oh what nice beginnings to this trip.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes it's a great shop, I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go there. The Crowborough branch is great too.

Look forward to seeing you at Pizza Express in Maidstone on the 8th!

·
Registered
847 Posts
The sticker shock is not just them. All UK stores have higher prices than American ones.
We call it yet another example of "Rip Off Britain", and we uncomplainingly put up with it! ( but, the internet , and global travel / private shipping from SOTW/ E Bay can cut thru !!) - at least there is no hiding "overseas " prices from us any more...........................

An American friend was telling me just yeaterday, about an Italian article which costs $1200 in the US, but £1450 here -we must be a Marketing man's dream, us British!!

Blowhard2

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good to see that you arrived savely. My flight will only take one hour and hopefully the weather will stay good...
Good luck for the first show! see you on the 5th

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The sticker shock is not just them. All UK stores have higher prices than American ones.
All European my friend.... that's way that mouthpiece crazy buyers wouldn't survive up here.........

·
Registered
149 Posts
Never been there before, but from the banner of this forum. It is very easy to misunderstood that sax.co.uk only sell P.M product. Even from their website it shows more, but I wonder why they will give this misleading idea to people.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Never been there before, but from the banner of this forum. It is very easy to misunderstood that sax.co.uk only sell P.M product. Even from their website it shows more, but I wonder why they will give this misleading idea to people.
Because they are main agents for Muariat , and presumably benefit financially more from selling them than otehr makes.

Interestingly it is the only store where I have seen Mauriats not only in their own display, but also "seeded" in other makes stands!- wonder why? - "pushing the product" just a little too hard ?

In their support, they hold large stocks, and you can compare brands and horns in one place, esepcially in their remote, warehouse store, but at last you can now try Borganis round the corner at Howarths in London !.

Blowhard2

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sax.co.uk is a great place to try out many pro horns that most music shops in the uk will only special order for you. I have bought two great sax's from them over the years. Great because you are trying before you buy but a downside is they are poorly setup and (both had poorly seated pads with leaks) a trip to your own tech with your purchase is advisable to get that good horn great.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
And what about the weather in London right now. In 25 some years of visiting here, I've never experienced it this nice. .
It's a freak event. Buy a brolly immediately and then enjoy watching all the silly londoners wandering around in flip flops and getting soaked to the skin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts