Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , i have a sax alto which is engraved “SPQR” ‘Zinzi Roma’ .! I know that Carlos Zinzi was a company with instruments at 1850 in rome. I want to ask if anybody knows more details? If you want to i have some pics.! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,903 Posts
Welcome. Yes, please post pictures.

WE can certainly say more with than without.

At the same time, please consider the fact that by posting without editing the message from tapatalk you are telling the workd that you use tapatalk and and Iphone, none of which is really very interesting to anyone other than Tapatalk and Apple.

·
41,903 Posts
you need to post pictures of the entire sax with views of left and right side

the logo has been applied after the making , Zinzi was not a maker, just a retailer. Without total pictures is impossible to say much about it.

·
41,903 Posts
I can’t tell you with certainty who made this saxophone. Maybe with more pictures.

It is certainly European, could be Italian, French, Belgian or German, made in the ’30 and a so called short range alto (because it stretches from Low B to F), it is missing rollers and has a simplified layout.
These saxophones were common in Italy and were used by the many popular marching bands (bande) which bought budget instruments with reduced keywork layout. They are known there as “ Modelllo Ministeriale” ( indicating a standard issued model by a Ministry, perhaps ministry defense )

If fact they tend to be models popular much before than their production date. The saxophone’s value is absolutely negligible. Whatever it is.

The mouthpiece is another thing. That is a good Otto LInk. There are experts of those things alone but that mouthpiece is worth quite a bit of cash. The horn has only a sentimental value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts