Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. This past June our band room suffered from a fire. Nothing was damaged luckily, but a whole slew of horns that even our director didn't even know we had were uncovered when we were cleaning. These included a prehistoric Conn mellophone (i.e French Horn with a straight bell), a bari and soprano that were both falling apart, a tarnished silver-plater (now totally black) Bundy Alto, and a Buffet-Crampon Super Dynaction tenor. The tenor's octave mechanism was totally bent out of shape, but after 30 minutes in my dad's workshop, after so drilling, sanding, bending with a vice and buffing (I know, it pains me too), the horn is playable again.

I want to try to identify the year of this horn. I looked on the B-C website and there was no tenor sax with the number I put in (20590). Does anyone know what year a Super Dynaction Tenor with a serial number 20xxx would have been manufactured? :?

After this last detail has been figured out, I can go brag to my friends that since I (me) fixed the horn, that they (my friends) can't. LOL.

Please if anyone who knows reply quickly.

Peace,
Action

*edit for grammatical reasons. yes i'm stupid ^_^ *

·
Registered
784 Posts
A very sweet horn if you can get it back into good playing condition.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*Update*

I finally got a mouthpiece on the horn today.. The Gflat pad is not closing properly.. This is causing major air leaks and I can only play Csharp - Bflat..

OFF TO THE LOCAL REPAIR-SHOP, AWAY!

·
Registered
784 Posts
How about some photos?
It's more fun to talk about a sax when there are images to go along.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts