Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Socal Jazz.

Sanborn is playing in Rancho Cucamonga tonight.
Redman at Catalina's in Hollywood.
Playboy Jazz fest. all weekend at the Bowl
Mayho

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Whew... I was worried that this was going to be a post about Sanborn appearing in Playboy.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,596 Posts
I thought the same thing until I realized it would have to read "Playgirl" instead... or would it! :shock:

G

·
Razzy said:
I thought the same thing until I realized it would have to read "Playgirl" instead... or would it! :shock:
LOL - Aside from the jokes, I really miss SoCal for live Jazz. I've been to many a great Jazz event at the bowl, including the Playboy Festival. Nothing like being outdoors on a warm summer night , listening to some good jazz !

Once upon a time, Disneyland of all places had some great Jazz events.One night I saw
Maynard Ferguson, Phil Woods, Sarah Vaughn with Duke Ellingtons orchestra,
The Benny Goodman Orchestra (Sans Benny), and Seawind. Not a bad night at all !
Mayho, have you seen any info that Disneyland still does this ? Could be a great place
to drop the kids and let them do their own thing while one runs from venue to venue .

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not been to the Magic Kingdom in years, but I will go this summer. I'll check and see what's available. Mayho

·
Registered
300 Posts
mayho said:
Socal Jazz.

Sanborn is playing in Rancho Cucamonga tonight.
Redman at Catalina's in Hollywood.
Playboy Jazz fest. all weekend at the Bowl
Mayho
Oh crap... if I had known, I might have gone to see Sanborn..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.