Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Two years ago I was at Sam's Club and sawt heir instruments. They were called "Borg" then.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,031 Posts
I was in the right place to rescue a family from one of those Borgs a few years ago. It's pretty scary to imagine what one of those SSO's could do to a kid.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
I love this line: "we have decided to include a free hard-shell case with every sax." How magnanimous, LOL.

...and - "Simba"? Man where did they get that?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
That link says they're 'Simba' brand. Evidently they felt that cute, cuddly Disney lions were an easier sell than evil Star Trek cyborgs.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Upawholestep said:
I completely love the idea of this. Why should guitar players be the only ones allowed to smash their instruments on stage.
Because they're the only musicians dumb enough?

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
Sigmund451 said:
Costco was selling YAS-23s for a while. I was a bit surprised.
I don't think THIS is even close to the YAS23? Too bad they don't still have Yamaha...

C

·
0 Posts
Just another example of mass merchants selling instruments. Sears used to sell their own stencil line called the Silvertone, starting way back . I think maybe Monkey Wards sold their own line back then too. Both of these companies sell the usual crapola today .

·
Registered
294 Posts
I completely love the idea of this. Why should guitar players be the only ones allowed to smash their instruments on stage.:twisted: If I could get one cheap enough... What would it do to the tone if I lite the enamel on fire? :angry4: :headbang:
i was told that a dad of my friend's student literally burn the SIMBA clarinet because his kid was always teased in school because he always squeks on this horn no matter how they fixed it...always having leaks and one day after a school band show he smashed it and his dad burned it at home !...Father-son team ??? ...never angry with him,, they ended up renting one from a local music store!..then he was never teased again..no more squeking....and the mom said nothing but will never buy one again from ebay ....what a memorable band experience they said!:D:D

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
i was told that a dad of my friend's student literally burn the SIMBA clarinet because his kid was always teased in school because he always squeks on this horn no matter how they fixed it...always having leaks and one day after a school band show he smashed it and his dad burned it at home !...Father-son team ??? ...never angry with him,, they ended up renting one from a local music store!..then he was never teased again..no more squeking....and the mom said nothing but will never buy one again from ebay ....what a memorable band experience they said!:D:D
Somewhere in the "misc. saxophones" section, there's a hilarious rant about Simba saxophones...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts