Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 58 10M coming and need a mpc. A friend of mine has a 38 10M and plays a vintage Dukoff (ie like the one Dexter played) and loves the combo. Was wondering if the Tone Master might be a similar fit. Anyone play one of these pieces?

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Is it an Otto Link copy? If so it ought to work fine on a 10M. Links typically have a bit larger chamber than Meyers which I have successfully used for 40 years on 10M.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,935 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stupid question but is the shorty actually a shorter blank than a Link? And if so will it play in tune on a 10M?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I had one of these for some years and played it regularly on both my 10Ms. They go beautifully together.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Yep, I was gonna say, if you like the Dukoff Stubby, go for the Shorty... but I would also recommend going no bigger than a 6 tip opening on it.
Why's that? I have three of Sakshama's "Shorty's" and they're all .105's (7*). They are basically an old NY ToneMaster on steroids. Huge chamber, but Sakshama features a nice rollover baffle which gives it plenty of bite without sacrificing the core sound. If you're used to playing on a 6 then yeah, stick with a 6, but there's absolutely no reason not to go with a 7 or 7* if that's what you're used to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts