Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Roger:

You're pretty much going to sound great on most mouthpieces.

That said, It's a tossup for me between the Sakshama Florida and the regular Florida. The Primo is good, but to my ears brighter and thinner.

I slightly favor the Sakshama as being a little "bigger" tonally but it could easily be the recording differences and the tunes being played.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Forum Runner

·
Registered
334 Posts
Roger:

You're pretty much going to sound great on most mouthpieces.

That said, It's a tossup for me between the Sakshama Florida and the regular Florida. The Primo is good, but to my ears brighter and thinner.

I slightly favor the Sakshama as being a little "bigger" tonally but it could easily be the recording differences and the tunes being played.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Forum Runner
Nah. It's all about the reed.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
As usual, I'm late to the party but allow me to fully jump on the "Sakshama Bandwagon". ;-)
I've been playing on his "Shorty" (Dukoff Stubby copy) for oh....I think about 4-5 yrs now and I absolutely love it. I think of it as an Otto Link ToneMaster on steroids, yet very, very controllable. Sakshama is a top-notch individual and a pleasure to work with. I'm confident to say that you won't be disappointed. If you'd like to hear me on the Shorty, go here: https://soundcloud.com/

·
Registered
279 Posts
As usual, I'm late to the party but allow me to fully jump on the "Sakshama Bandwagon". ;-)
I've been playing on his "Shorty" (Dukoff Stubby copy) for oh....I think about 4-5 yrs now and I absolutely love it. I think of it as an Otto Link ToneMaster on steroids, yet very, very controllable. Sakshama is a top-notch individual and a pleasure to work with. I'm confident to say that you won't be disappointed. If you'd like to hear me on the Shorty, go here: https://soundcloud.com/
Wow John . great playing and sound.! what tipopening you playing?
Greetz Marcus

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I sent my Sakshama bronze Florida back to him for a tweak and plating. I was waiting to write an update/review until I played it in some live situations. I just returned from a week tour, Atlanta, San Diego (Coronado Island) and West Point Military Academy (NY). Loved the mouthpiece, it has more baffle than my excellent USA Florida STM but plays in the same ballpark. Altissimo is a breeze, intonation, tone, response, etc., all good. Select Jazz 3M, unfiled, Rico H lig, 85K MKVI, factory silver plated. Thanks Sakshama.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Just wanted to chime in--bought his mouthpiece in 2012, and despite trying/buying and selling lots of Links, I keep going back to it. Flexible, fat but with a great Link core, responsive. The tonal quality also changes a lot depending on what reed I use, which I don't see in any other Link I've had. Best thing about it is that it sounds just like a great Vintage Link, only it plays better in every way.

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
....well MOJO my tongue was sort of in my cheek on that one..but for the record I am having it Gold Plated as I did not want bare bronze and silverplate option was very reasonable and the Gold plate only $30. more so what the heck for the price of a box of reeds I went for the Gold..!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.