Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
'71 MKVI
121 Posts
No, guys I didn't measure it but it played pretty poorly regardless of what reed I put on. Didn't think that measuring it would make it play any better :) To be fair, it could very well be that I was just un-accustomed to it. But in comparison to the other two high baffle pieces I was trying at the time (Ponzol M2 SS .110 & JJDV .108) it seemed alot more taxing to play even with a softer reed. Could've been a fluke.

Sakshama, thanks for the insight on the variables you're able to put into your pieces. I'm still on the hunt for a more powerful piece.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
amazing ,and true.... Sakshama's handworked pieces are way,way more consistant than machine work

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
Mine is a copy of the Handmade Guardala.
I see you have a silverplated option. Do you gold plate your mouthpieces or are they bare bronze and brass? I'm asking because I can't stand the taste of bare brass with a mouthpiece.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Stop you guys. All this talk about these Guardala copies makes me want one really, really bad. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Forum Contributor 2011-2015
2,049 Posts
I cast them in bronze Honeyboy and I give silver plating as an option. I don't see why I should not gold plate except it is more work and it cost more but the option should be there. So if anybody ask I do gold plate.

·
2,319 Posts
Thanks.

·
13,624 Posts
I am awaiting the delivery of a used Custom Z. I have been eyeballing them on and off. Years ago I had the pleasure to play an original Zimberhoff that was refaced by Ralph Morgan. It was a really enjoyable piece. I hope that this will be a new addition to the very few mouthpieces I keep for myself.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
...wait till he tries it...THEN you'll get the flattery!!!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
....sakshama follows the original facing curves for all the refacing work(unless instructed to do otherwise).....I've seen him work....the tools aint got nuthin to do with it...the result is impeccable!! EVERY HR piece I play has been refaced by Sakshama.....except for the MIRACLE repair Mojo did on my Link Slant!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I knew you'd pick up on that! ;)
just to point out...this original quote was referring to WWBW guardalas.....which ,by reputation(and by my own personal testing) are the lowest in ranking of the "new" guardalas

I first tried a guardala wax copy from Sakshama due to the 100% favorable response here on SOTW to his work...

I'm now very proud to endorse them here in Germany....and the response is great!!!
I've sold 3 on ebay in the last 2 days---- im posting em on Ebay.com USA and all three have sold in GERMANY!!!!!

·
13,624 Posts
Sakshama, I have only played one or two pieces you have done and they played well. Since I dont have much time to dedicate to actual playing its hard to justify buying one for myself but the Z is out of my price range as original (about 7 bills at small tip openings). If its half the piece people make it out to be it is worth looking into.

I dont know you personally but I suspect if we met I would both enjoy your company and respect you. Your general demeanor and presence on the forum is always positive. I really enjoy seeing the work you do. Like some in the business, I dont consider other makers to be competition. I prefer to think of them as peers. There are enough players out there wanting quality work. I dont begrudge another man's market share. Doing so diminishes what we all do on the whole.

·
Forum Contributor 2011-2015
2,049 Posts
Hi Phil,
I totally agree with you. I'm sure that when we meet will have a lot to share not only in the mouthpiece field but in general. I really like your attitude and your positive energy. You have always something nice to tell and good, solid down to earth opinion.
Regards,

21 - 36 of 36 Posts