Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
'71 MKVI
126 Posts
chilipepper, that piece looks nice! I've been searching for a louder piece myself for a while now for a rock/r&b/funk group I play in but I'm so accustomed to my florida link that I find many of the louder pieces obnoxious. Do you find that this piece might fit in that style of music. It looks like it has a substantial baffle in there.

·
Premium Member
'71 MKVI
126 Posts
Thanks for your input. Being a big fan of links and, a jazz player at heart, I'm having a difficult time finding a piece that is loud enough and that doesn't offend my ears. I thought that the Custom Z might be a good compromise with the large chamber and long baffle. chilipepper, I hope the piece treats you well and sorry for high-jacking.

·
Premium Member
'71 MKVI
126 Posts
Thanks for your input everyone. I too thought about Sakshama's gaurdala. Just tried the WWBW version and it got a thumbs down. The tone was fine but the facing was lousy. Also, what is it with mouthpiece manufacturers making the table and rails more narrow than a reed? Especially if you are trying to make a loud mouthpiece you would think you would want to maximize your sound source! Hmmph :/

·
Premium Member
'71 MKVI
126 Posts
No, guys I didn't measure it but it played pretty poorly regardless of what reed I put on. Didn't think that measuring it would make it play any better :) To be fair, it could very well be that I was just un-accustomed to it. But in comparison to the other two high baffle pieces I was trying at the time (Ponzol M2 SS .110 & JJDV .108) it seemed alot more taxing to play even with a softer reed. Could've been a fluke.

Sakshama, thanks for the insight on the variables you're able to put into your pieces. I'm still on the hunt for a more powerful piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts