Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share my experience with Joe's rebalance work at Soprano Planet. I've been playing through a number of soprano mpcs lately once I received my new Yani SWO1 (which I love!). Out of all the mpcs I have I gravitate back to my Selmer S80D. While I like the core sound I felt that it was not overly responsive and lacked the flexibility I was looking for. I bought another S80 with the intent of sending one of them to Joe at Soprano Planet for a rebalance. The goal was to improve the response, ability to take more air, and improve the palm key fullness. I sent Joe the newest one since it was the most stuffy and least responsive of the two. It arrived earlier today and I can say that I'm completely floored at the improvements! Not only does it meet all I was asking Joe to achieve but completely exceeded my expectations! I just can't put the horn down now as it plays so well. The bad part is the other S80 that I have, while it is a good specimen, really lags behind the rebalanced one from Joe. The end solution is I'm sending the other one to Joe to do his magic so at least I'll have a back-up.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts