Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
If it is a Yanagisawa Vito, you can still fax Yanagisawa in Japan with the serial number and ask if they could let you know the date of manufacture, if that is the information you are after.

If you get the info, it is worth contacting the author of the website you mentioned so he can include it in his information base, as although he has the most comprehensive list I have come across, I am sure he would like to add to it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris J said:
If it is a Yanagisawa Vito, you can still fax Yanagisawa in Japan with the serial number and ask if they could let you know the date of manufacture, if that is the information you are after.

If you get the info, it is worth contacting the author of the website you mentioned so he can include it in his information base, as although he has the most comprehensive list I have come across, I am sure he would like to add to it.
Thanks, but actually I was looking to buy one, and was wondering if I could tell if it's a Yani by serial #'s.

·
Registered
579 Posts
As far as I know, the Yani instruments stenciled as VITO were Vito VSP. My Vito VSP alto has the Yani logo on it too so its providence is obvious.

If you think it may be a S6 - I guess it looks like a MkVI. The website in your first post shows the range of manufacturers who were distributed with a Vito stencil. There is a Vito forum on this website that you might look through. It is at http://forum.saxontheweb.net/forumdisplay.php?f=229

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
1,419 Posts
The later Yani Vito's might be labeled VSP, but the S6 saxes were not. You can probably look for the MkVI style palm keys and something between 68 and 79 as two consecutive digits early in the serial number. I'm not really sure of the time frame that Vito had the saxes stenciled, but those digits represent the years of S6 production (may have stopped in 78) before the S800 was introduced.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fred said:
The later Yani Vito's might be labeled VSP, but the S6 saxes were not. You can probably look for the MkVI style palm keys and something between 68 and 79 as two consecutive digits early in the serial number. I'm not really sure of the time frame that Vito had the saxes stenciled, but those digits represent the years of S6 production (may have stopped in 78) before the S800 was introduced.
Awesome! Thanks for the excellent info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts