Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really interested in these mouthpieces, they appear to be made of plastic. They look cool and aren't that expensive from www.saxplus.com

Anybody like these?

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
I got mine, and it became my Main Alto Piece rather quickly. It was a great piece. I will probably get one for my Tenor pretty soon.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
3,913 Posts
Ive got one for each of my horns, its a great all around piece, and I can use it for anything. I use them on Martin tenor and bari, and a King alto

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
coolsax2k7 said:
I am really interested in these mouthpieces, they appear to be made of plastic. They look cool and aren't that expensive from www.saxplus.com

Anybody like these?
Judging by the fact that there is a subforum in the "Mouthpieces" Forum called "Runyon ONLY," I'd say yes. They are quite popular.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,249 Posts
Runyon Custom versus Morgan 7M

First, I agree with the others. The Custom is a great mpc. I use one for soprano, depending on the acoustics of the room (more "Kapow" than my Morgan 6J, but not as sweet), I used one for tenor for almost a year until I received my Morgan Excalibur, and I have one for alto coming to me next week to try out for my Vito alto.
Second, I see that your present set up is a Morgan 7 M, the same as I use.
I don't think you will find the Custom superior to the Morgan, but a little different.
On tenor, I found the tone of the Custom a little more "dull" than the Morgan Excalibur, but just as easy blowing. Remember, if you order one, that to get the same tip opening as the Morgan 7 (.080) you must order a Runyon 8 (.083). Also be aware that they come with a cheapo ligature. You'll probably need a Rovner as well.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I use one for bari, and I love it =]. And yeah, as previously stated, the lig is garbage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts