Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a review in Jazz Times some months back about this horn and after reading that Michael Brecker was involved with it, had to try it. I was in San Antonio, Texas at TMEA a few months ago and was able to try a few altos and tenors at the company's booth. I just received a black nickel alto a few days ago and can't wait to put in some serious time with this over the summer. I have my dad's old Mark VI 140,000 and have played it for some time. I can't believe how similar the sound and feel were. I'm really pleased...GREAT HORN!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also purchased a Virtuoso alto and tenor this year from USA horn. I have been very happy with them. Both horns have great intonation . Most of my playing has been club dates.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,766 Posts
They play much like a Mk6. They feel to me like later, #200k+ Mk6 even though they're based on 5-digit models. The feel of the palm keys are a tiny bit off from mk6 norms. When set up well, the Virtuoso horns are perfectly good mk6 substitutes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My friend was in Salt Lake City last weekend and went to the Jazz festival there. He saw Eddie Daniels using the RS Berkeley Virtuoso tenor and said Eddie sounded amazing. Eddie is a Virtuoso.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts