Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been really frustrated with my alto piece lately, it's just not getting me the sound I want. Yesterday I played a whole bunch of mouthpieces from a local used instrument dealer and one of them came out waaaay ahead. This Rousseau Metal Mouthpiece is absolutely tremendous. Singing highs, with a nice core to the sound. Also extremely versatile. It has one of the strangest designs I've ever see as well. The chamber narrows into a V, which gives it, to my ears a very unique sound. Anyone else have experience with these pieces?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Don't know the metal Rousseau pieces, but I've had a Rousseau 4R tenor HR piece for many (15?) years now. It's still my piece of choice for legit music, especially ensemble work. It plays with a nice full sound up and down, pretty free blowing but just enough resistance to give me a feeling of being in control (at least as much as I ever am). Makes me curious to try some of the metal ones out. Isn't it a blast finding a piece that really works for you? Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

·
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know the metal Rousseau pieces, but I've had a Rousseau 4R tenor HR piece for many (15?) years now. It's still my piece of choice for legit music, especially ensemble work. It plays with a nice full sound up and down, pretty free blowing but just enough resistance to give me a feeling of being in control (at least as much as I ever am). Makes me curious to try some of the metal ones out. Isn't it a blast finding a piece that really works for you? Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
The metal ones are nice. Or at least this one. Definetly a high baffle piece which I'm not used to, and I'm not used to metal at all, but I'm really liking it.

·
2,960 Posts
i had one for a short while-too dark and not enough power -a dud in my book

1 - 5 of 5 Posts