Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a VENUS curved sop sax from Musical wheel on E-bay, and I'm very very satisfied regarding the cost of the thing. So I'm looking for a tenor form the same brand; some guy on another post told it is also a great horn for the price, especially the rose brass model. Does anyone has a feedback ?

Thanks in advance; looking forward to your replys

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just ordered one today. If you're still interested (I see this was posted in January) I'll let you know my thoughts next week.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had one which I really loved. It was a bit heavy compared to my YTS-23, but it sounded great and the ergos were really good. I donated it to a local school, and frankly, I wish I had it back.

The octave pad arm on the neck was out of alignment when it arrived, but I corrected that myself. I bent the arm slightly to bring the pad down centered on the pip, and bent the spring to give a bit stronger tension on the pad. A five minute repair. The rest of the horn was as solid as can be.

And...that rose brass finish is striking when you see it in person. The pinkish copper body with the nickel keys and guards drew several comments on how pretty the horn was.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought the black nickel tenor yesterday, for my 7th grader. It's looks cool, especially to a 7th grader! It should be here by the weekend. I'll post my initial impressions/observations.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have the black nickel Straight Soprano. It's different enough without being silly (like the bright pink ones). Plays well to, certainly won't hold a beginner back. I upgraded mine when a pro instrument came along at a price I couldn't resist, but I still have the Venus.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Buy it! Buy the Haynes Sax Manual! It's a great horn, needs a few minor tweaks to get right but easy with the manual. Looks like it cost at least 5 or 6 times more than it does. I've been playing a sax 3 weeks. Made my first recording today using a $40 radio shack mic and one of my play-along MMO's. Take a listen...

http://www.filesonic.com/file/3717963174/Untitled.mp3

I had never played a sax until three weeks ago. I have been playing a Yamaha WX5 for almost 7 years though but this is VERY different. MANY fingerings I learned with WX5 are WAY different and are giving me a fit adjusting to but I will conquer!!!!!!

Don't have any doubts about this being "cheap". BUY the Venus Copper Tenor!!!!!! Oh, and get it from Musical Wheel on eBay! Great folks and great horn!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts