Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all :)
i've got a gig next week , a romantic one to be more precise and i dont know a lot of romantic songs ( the only sentimental i can play so far is careless whisper ) i'm more into jazz and blue and funk but this time i gotta change the way !
i need to learn Killing me softly ; i was told its a romantic standart and a nice ballad
i've searched for sheet music but in vain
so please if someone happen to have the notes or tab or music sheet that would be super nice

Thank you so much :|

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
There must be a million jazz ballads, why not play some of those?

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,903 Posts
i need to learn Killing me softly ; i was told its a romantic standart and a nice ballad
i've searched for sheet music but in vain
http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtdVPE.asp?ppn=MN0053365

Just put killing me softly sheet music into google.

There are loads of sentimental blues tunes also if that's what you are into.

Soul Serenade
I Know There is Something On Your Mind

Those are just the first two I reach for when I needed sentimental on a blues gig.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You will find very good backup tracks at "www.karaoke-version.com" including the one for killing me softly.
You need to buy it ,but their prices are very reasonable.

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
the only sentimental i can play so far is careless whisper
Be careful . . . if word gets out that you know how to play "Careless Whisper," you might get hit up with several hundreds of requests from first-time posters for the sheet music.

Hal Leonard has a "Ballads" play-along book with a CD that includes "Killing Me Softly." It's not very expensive, and you might find several other tunes on it that you can use for your upcoming romantic gig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts