Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pleased to announce the "Rock n' Roll Saxophone" social group.
For all those Sax players who love to listen and play Rock n' Roll. (Junior Walker, Chuck Rio, King Curtis, or Clifford Scott to name a few)

If you love hearing Rock n’ Roll with a saxophone growling in it, then this group is for you. Join in and discuss music, technique, and equipment.

All are welcome to join. To check out the group or hopefully you want to join, click here.

The Late Great Mr. Junior Walker

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,932 Posts
I really like Rock and Roll saxophone, but I don't understand what this is, a social group? Don't we already have a forum to discuss Rock and Roll.

Yes, this post is in that forum of course so ???

?????

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Do you serve drinks? Are there field trips? What are the benefits of membership?

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,491 Posts
Rock and Roll is a fad. It is going to pass. Jazz is where its at. B

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
799 Posts
There's groups?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like Rock and Roll saxophone, but I don't understand what this is, a social group? Don't we already have a forum to discuss Rock and Roll.

Yes, this post is in that forum of course so ???

?????
Yes Sir, we have a forum for Rock n' Roll and now we have a social group too. It would be my pleasure to have you with us. You are very knowledgable about all types of music. Heck you have 12K post on this site. That is very impressive. I am sure there are some things you can share about Rock n' Roll Sax with us.

Do you serve drinks? Are there field trips? What are the benefits of membership?
Yofis, if you come to San Diego, CA, I would love to buy you some drinks. How is that for a field trip? What are the benefits of membership, you can see all the people who are interested in Rock n' Roll Sax all in one social group and discuss music, technique, and equipment. You are a member of Martin Owner/ Fan Club. What are the benefits of that group? You own a Martin right? My point being, this is a group for all people that like, play, or worship Rock n' Roll with a Sax in it. Plain and simple....

Rock and Roll is a fad. It is going to pass. Jazz is where its at. B
Interesting, I disagree with you. Saxophone in Rock actually goes in waves. It is in, then out again, then in. I am just waiting for the next song to come out again with a Sax growling and bustin out a mean solo. It is coming Modman, please hold your breath until then.... J/K on the hold your breath part.

There's groups?
Thank you for joining us bfahale.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
Do I have to play a high baffled mpc?

·
SOTW Administrator
26,207 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the early days of Rock'N'Roll the musicians on the recording were very often jazz musicians just doing the session. This becomes very obvious when you listen to them play. Their influences stand out. Very often the musicians in the touring band could not play the solo on the record. This was the case with the guitar solo on Rock around the clock.It was probably the case with many of the sax solos on other recordings. Do you think the musicians were baffled?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts