Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share my recent experience with the Roberto Winds ligature.

Yes, it does look like a napkin ring, but it plays beautifully! I do not think I have ever played on a ligature giving me such a vibrant sound. Wow! Everyone needs to give this one a try....

·
Registered
4 Posts
ive found from my experience that they work great if they fit the mouthpiece properly, so the trouble is just finding the right size and having a mouthpiece that the available sizes fit on

·
Registered
21 Posts
I second that question: ebony or Cocobolo, Cannonball?

Also, what type of ligature, reed, mouthpiece setup were you using previously? How would you characterize the differences?

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,880 Posts
Oh my, just what saxophone world needs the most, another miraculous ligature ....

·
Registered
442 Posts
I really love this ligature! I've been playing on it for about 7 months with a variety of mpcs. I have the ebony piece and have used it with an NY USA Meyer, V16, Acoustimer, and Acoustimax. It really adds a lot to the response of the mpcs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anybody know if the Roberto ligature can fit an Otto link reso Chamber tenor (the body is a bit bigger than a slant link)?
I gave Roberto a phone call already but they did not know the answer.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I know George Garzone is currently using one of these, and he mentioned that Joe Lovano is also using one these days.

Does anyone know what these cost? I'm also wondering how they are at holding the reed when you tune.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I won one of these for $30-something on eBay. Can't wait to try it.....I'm skeptical to say the least, but the list of guys using these finally seduced me. Garzone, Lovano, Frahm , Jaleel Shaw, Sam Newsome.....it was just too much to resist!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts