Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday morning my first and most influential sax teacher died at age 96. He inspired my life and brought music to me that has carried me these 63 years. He played a Buescher C Melody in the 20s and helped me get the instruments to advance my playing and my college education. I owe everything I have to him.
He was my father.
Robert Bruce Bailey
Dec. 3, 1914-March 3, 2011.
Thank you my friend, I will miss you......
Bruce Bailey
Miami FL

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Bruce, you have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your father. As one who has experienced it, I know that losing your parents is not easy no matter how long they lived. However, it sounds like you might be able to find some consolation in the fact that he did have quite a long life and that the gifts of music that he instilled in you will allow him to live forever within you. I hope you can find peace from your pain.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,408 Posts
A great epitaph for your father Bruce, what more can you ask of a dad?. He gave you inspiration and guidance, you will miss him as I miss mine 13 years on.
My deepest condolences.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Bruce I'm very sorry to hear that. Sincere condolences.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
A great dad and son who loves him very much.
Very sorry for your loss also, Bruce.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss, Bruce.

My advice to you from personal experience is to treasure the memories of your 63 years together...

KennyD

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,228 Posts
Bruce, sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad. I think you will find that his spirit will be with you as you go through life. Take care.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Sorry for your loss now matter how long he lived God Bless him I lost both of my parents in 2007 both in their late 80's . Celebrate his life !

Doug

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
Bruce, It would seem you are quite privileged to have had your long friendship with your father... I lost my father when I was yet 31, and would have treasured more time with him...

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Bruce, my sincere condolences. I'm glad he had a long full life and that you had such a great relationship with him. My father is 85 and an old bull who is beloved by family and friends and I cherish the opportunity to have our time together. May the blessings be for you and yours.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
15,815 Posts
Bruce, my condolences on the loss of your father. Remember the good times and smile when you recall your father.

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Bruce. Heartened only by the fact that he led a long and fruitful life. It is something to think of individuals who lived from the age of the horse and buggy to seeing mankind in space, and all achievements in between.

RIP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts