·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An icon gone at 79.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
When I read the other day that she was still in the hospital after 6 weeks, I figured the end was near. Sad, because 79 is not old from my POV, but she sure lived a hundred lifetimes during those years. I always loved her performance in "Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf", but the person I really miss is her double-X, Richard Burton. Now there was an actor, and one of the most incredible voices of all time. I could watch "Night Of The Iguana" a thousand times and still get off on his characterization. Of course it was a classic film anyway, with incredible direction by John Huston and an unforgettable and sexyashell Ava Gardner.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,998 Posts
...but the person I really miss is her double-X, Richard Burton. Now there was an actor, and one of the most incredible voices of all time.
I have an album with him narrating a musical version of War of the Worlds by Jeff Wayne. I used to drive college roommates crazy with it. My kid couldn't make it through the second side (of four) when he was young. Pretty intense stuff, and made so by Burton. The guy doing the death ray on guitar is priceless as well. But yeah... Burton and Taylor were the couple of all time. Miss 'em both.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Loved her in Virginia Wolff and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

She was also stellar in the epic Giant, with Rock and James Dean. She 'aged' a bit more gracefully in that movie:)

·
Forum Contributor 2017
1,217 Posts
When I was a teenager, I saw her in A Place in the Sun on T.V. She was seventeen when she made that film, and so stunningly, shockingly beautiful that I was in a daze the rest of the week. Can't believe she's gone.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
her kind of beauty is once in a lifetime. bye bye Liz.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
That was one beautiful lady. And I mean truly gorgeous with a sometimes flaky but still gorgeous heart to match. She was definitely one of a kind.

·
Forum Contributor 2011-2015
1,865 Posts
I have an album with him narrating a musical version of War of the Worlds by Jeff Wayne. I used to drive college roommates crazy with it. My kid couldn't make it through the second side (of four) when he was young. Pretty intense stuff, and made so by Burton. The guy doing the death ray on guitar is priceless as well. But yeah... Burton and Taylor were the couple of all time. Miss 'em both.
I too have this album as well as the CDs. Pretty awesome stuff!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts