Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends, I have been using a Legere Studio in 2.25 on a vintage Otto Link slant sig with 4 facing. After good duty it is wearing out and I want to try a box of Rigotti reeds. I figure it would be in the 2.5 range, but am not sure which variant - soft/med/strong.
Thanks
David

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I can't imagine you using anything less than a 3 on a 4 O.L. I'm using a 3 1/2 med on a .110, & my chops are nothing special.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,877 Posts
I agree with chknbon ..... with a 4 facing I would say a 3 Med . Those Legere run stiff so check some charts if you can.
I find we are all different in terms of endurance /chops . I was on a .110 and used 2 1/2 strong . I am on a .107 now and I think I am going to 3 Meds to Strongs because this mp likes a stiffer reed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with chknbon ..... with a 4 facing I would say a 3 Med . Those Legere run stiff so check some charts if you can.
I find we are all different in terms of endurance /chops . I was on a .110 and used 2 1/2 strong . I am on a .107 now and I think I am going to 3 Meds to Strongs because this mp likes a stiffer reed.
If I were to get a box above and below the 3 meds, what would it be - 2.5 strong and 3.5 soft?
Obliged.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,877 Posts
No you would get 3 soft or above 3 strong. Each strength 2 1/2 , 3 , 3 1/2 etc has 3 sub strengths light , med, strong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts