Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Researcher
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd pass this along for what it's worth. I ordered some Rigotti Gold tenor reeds from WW&BW a few months back, and was notified that they were on back order. No worries, I had a box or so left and I wasn't in a hurry. I kept getting back order notices and finally they cancelled the order. The point came where I needed some reeds, so I thought I try Amazon out of desperation. Amazon had them at a decent price, and I placed the order. It was filled within a week by a place called Advantage Double Reeds. So if you find yourself in a bind that's something you might try.

· Registered
Keilwerth saxes (S/A/T), Selmer clarinets (S/B), Altus Azumi flute
3,474 Posts
Weiner Music carries the blue, red, and wild Rigotti reeds. Also Queens.
That's where I get mine (3 boxes at a time for the 15% discount), but it's nice to have options. Midwest Musical Imports is another US retailer that has them (the blue box Rigottis) available at a good price.

· SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
25,066 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, Frank. And everyone else for providing other options. I still have 4 1/2 boxes of Rigotti Golds, so I'm set for a while. But when the time comes to order more, it's nice to know that WWBW isn't the only option.

· Registered
2,409 Posts
Sweetwater has stellar customer service. When Rigotti reeds were backordered last year, they not only emailed but called as well. I ordered other things from them and they followed up with phone calls to make sure I was happy with the purchase or if I had any questions or issues.

· Registered
957 Posts
I ordered some over the summer - Aug? - but hadn’t noticed that they had closed for vacation, apparently it was stated somewhere in their website but I read too quickly. I emailed, and quickly received response from them to explain the situation, but it did indeed take a while to receive

· Just a guy who plays saxophone.
5,624 Posts
Sweetwater has stellar customer service. When Rigotti reeds were backordered last year, they not only emailed but called as well. I ordered other things from them and they followed up with phone calls to make sure I was happy with the purchase or if I had any questions or issues.
Yes! I haven’t ordered from them since they started carrying band instruments and supplies, but have always liked dealing with Sweetwater. That how’s your new gear working out call is a nice touch. I also love their product demos and hope they plan on doing them for sax stuff too.

· Registered
4,530 Posts
Yes! I haven’t ordered from them since they started carrying band instruments and supplies, but have always liked dealing with Sweetwater. That how’s your new gear working out call is a nice touch. I also love their product demos and hope they plan on doing them for sax stuff too.
Jody Espina and Jay Metcalf are all over the Sweetwater YouTube channel. There are some other woodwind people demoing the student model lines they carry, too. And a very good trombonist whose name escapes me at the moment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts